Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies
My daughter and I love to cook – especially bake. But between work, school, blogging, karate and horses to care for – we never seem to have the time to slow down and cook. Like many of you COVID has changed your life at least for the moment. We are now doing school from home, working from home and even karate from home. The only thing we cannot do from home is care for our horses since we board them. I am actually very thankful for that because it allows a safe space for me to take the kids where we don’t really need to worry about catching something from someone.
This all means we don’t have to travel and spend hours on the road driving back and forth to work, karate etc… each week. So now we are taking advantage of that and trying some new recipes and cooking techniques. Something we always struggle to find time for. One of our recent recipes are these awesome chocolate chip cookies. We often turn to box mixes or shortcut cookies but we have cupboards full of “real food” ingredients so why not!
I will start by saying our cookies are almost perfectly shaped “cookies” because I cook them in muffin top pans. If you don’t have them, I highly recommend them. Sometime I even cook them in muffin pans – just to make sure they have a perfect shape.
These were amazing – I made a double batch and good thing I did!
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Softened Butter (Salted)
- ¾ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ⅔ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Cups (or so) of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (or sometimes we use Milk Chocolate Chips or M&Ms.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In on mixing bowl mix butter, vanilla extract and egg until they are thoroughly blended. Add baking soda, salt, light brown sugar and granulated sugar. Add flour in half cup at a time until fully mixed.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Scoop into balls onto cookie sheets allowing at least an inch or two between each "ball".
- Bake until fully cooked. Remove and eat when cooled down. Store in an airtight continue once fully cooled down.